Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oh Give Me A Home, Where the Buffalo Roam...

I am one of the lucky ones. My parents introduced me to Jackson, WY, at age 4. I've been hooked ever since. And there's something particularly alluring about the Tetons in the fall...how rugged they are, how they dramatically rise up out of the valley floor with no foothills to serve as a warning, that makes me want to come back for more and more and more. The air quality is unsurpassed, with hints of sage and lodgepole pine. On the drive back and forth from Moran, (where we stay during the fall) and Jackson, you almost always see moose, mule deer, elk, buffalo, and the horses of Triangle X Ranch grazing lazily in the sunshine-drenched pastures. It's literally what my version of heaven looks like. If you decide to visit, take this as a disclaimer - you will be forever changed for the better, and you'll spend your entire life trying to figure out a way to get back there as soon and as often as possible. These pictures don't even come close to doing it justice, but I tried my best. <3



These two are of my mom and me at one of our favorite lunch spots in town - The Sweetwater. Best chocolate chip bread pudding EVERRRR.







No comments:

Post a Comment